Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So, apparently I'm really bad at blogging...

Actually I've been avoiding it. This is partially because I am incurably lazy and partially because I'm going through a kind of life crisis. For the first time in my memory, I don't want to paint. I mean, in theory I do want to paint, but for the life of me I can't think of anything worth painting. I have zero inspiration. Add to this the fact that when I did force myself to paint recently it ended up being a disaster. I didn't finish the painting and don't know if I ever will. It was that bad. It did a number on my self-esteem and now I just can't find the will to pick up a paintbrush and try again. I know this will pass. Painting is still in my soul, I can feel it there- although admittedly it's a more distant, small feeling. Inspiration will come back to me, or I'll get brave enough again to force it back. But for now, I'm not painting. And I didn't think the laments of a not-painting-painter would make for very interesting blogging.

I'll try to blog more often. I may take a break from talking about art for a while... so I'll probably post things about work and life in general. I know every artist hits a block once in a while. Still... hugs, good vibes, and advice are much appreciated.




Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment